Clean Care, Our Commitment to You
From electrostatic disinfection to enhanced cleaning techniques, our Clean Care Program is our commitment to you to make sure your trip is clean, safe, and comfortable, putting you at ease during your time with us.
Every motorcoach is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using EPA approved agents before and after every use.
- Special focus on disinfecting high touch points such as entrance area handrails, parcel rack handrails and door latches
- Headrests, armrests, seat belts and seat accessories
- All surfaces in the restroom, including door handles
- All surfaces within the driver’s area
- Every 14 days, each coach interior will be completely disinfected using Electrostatic Spray Technology
Onboard air quality you can rely on.
- Cabin air is completely exchanged with fresh, outside air approximately every 10 minutes
- HVAC system filters recirculated air with MERV 7 or higher rated filter media, removing respiratory droplets
- Eyre Drivers and passengers are required to wear a face covering while onboard the motorcoach.
- Maintain physical distancing as you enter and exit the coach
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located at the front and rear of coach
- PLEASE do not have anyone in your group travel if sick
Ride With Confidence
- We consistently comply with guidance as provided by our industry associations as well as the CDC, WHO, and local governments
- Our Drivers, Technicians and Staff have been trained in best practices, including boarding and baggage handling.
- Our additional investments in intensified cleaning and protection help ensure a sanitary environment
A Look At Our Standard Cleaning Procedures
First, it’s important to know that every time a bus returns to the yard, and prior to going out on its next trip, it is professionally cleaned. Building on top of this, Eyre Bus has developed Clean Care, a new and enhanced protocol for further ensuring that all of the Eyre buses you travel on are clean and disinfected. Clean Care also encompasses new procedures for while our buses are on the road during multi-day trips.
Enhanced Procedures for Pre-Departure Cleaning
Prior to every trip, the following additional procedures will be in place:
All commonly high touch areas will be treated with an EPA approved broad spectrum disinfectant. It is a quaternary based, anti-bacterial cleaner ideal for this application.
Every 14 days, each coach will be completely sanitized using Electrostatic Spray Technology. Electrostatic sanitization is the most effective (more effective than foggers) way to ensure all surfaces in the motorcoach are completed sanitized.
Enhanced On-The-Road Procedures
While it’s important that we make sure the coaches you travel on are clean and ready for you when you first step on, we’ve also ramped up our standard efforts to keep them clean when you are on your multi-day trips in the following ways:
We’re providing extra hand sanitizer, and encouraging all our passengers to actively keep their hands clean and germ free.
We’re also encouraging everyone to bring their own sanitizer and wipes for any areas they would like to further treat.
Lastly, in addition to the above actions, we’re asking all our tour guests to use common sense and follow CDC recommendations on prevention whether you happen to be traveling with us, or are simply at home. With all information floating around, we highly recommend visiting the excellent CDC website on coronavirus here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
With the steps above, we’re looking forward to making sure any trip with Eyre Tours is fun, safe, and will be a great experience to remember.
We appreciate your understanding and are dedicated to continuing to provide you with the highest level of service that you have come to expect.
The Eyre Tours Team
Do your motorcoaches have filtered air?
Yes, all Eyre motorcoaches have a 2 stage air filtration system equipped with MERV 7 or higher rated filter media. Additionally all cabin air is completely exchanged with fresh, outside air approximately every 10 minutes.
Are the products you are cleaning the coaches with safe? Do they leave a residue?
Rest assured that the products we are using are EPA approved and completely safe and effective. There are many companies out there claiming their products can do things that they simply cannot do. We, along with our cleaning company, have selected the appropriate products, all with official Safety Data Sheets for the United States. Additionally, these products do not leave a residue on hard or soft surfaces such as our seats.
Is there a smell associated with the products you are using?
The solution can have a mild citrus fragrance, but it does not smell like bleach and will likely not be noticeable as you are riding on the coaches. The solution used for the Electrostatic Treatment does not have an odor and in fact a nice side effect is that it eliminates any odors that might be present.